Welcome to the latest incarnation of the oldest repository of improvisational comedy structures on the internet. One cannot learn improv comedy from a web page, however, the list of improv structures included here will definitely help.
Learn Improv works with TOOLS not rules.
Learn Improv believes in a safe and supportive environment.
Learn Improv teaches that every offer needs LACE
- Listen, Listen, Listen
- with your ears, eyes, mind, and heart
- Accept, Acknowledge
- accept the offer as real
- Commit, Choose
- use your first choice, it is great
- Extend, Evolve
- add a small bit to the offer
Learn Improv uses the narrative framework of STEPS
- Environment, object, or mood
- characters, relationships
- “something” from setting or ties
- Propel, Pivot
- move the “exploration” somewhere
- solution not necessary
Learn Improv creates characters using the TRIANGLE.
- gait, posture, speed, gestures, shape
- volume, speed, pitch, emotion, words
- desires, triggers, goals, beliefs, triggers, needs